Sunday, November 18, 2012

just another false ideal being sold to you?



You may wonder how someone finds the time to take pictures every day that are polished, pretty, and the best outfits you've ever seen. Well, we don’t! I really have to make time to get the tripod out or bother my boyfriend until he takes pictures of me somewhere in my favorite outfit of the moment. I think this is really important to having good, interesting, original content that not only makes me proud, but inspires all of us. 

It’s sometimes hard to find great stuff on trend in plus size, and although things are getting better, it’s still really great to see how many of us are working with what we have on so many different body types. It’s awesome!

With that being said, I think there is also this polished “front” that can go on with all fashion bloggers. They end up feeling like friends almost, but you don’t know them at all. You don’t see them every day in their regular clothes, makeup less  with wet hair. Never! Unbecoming, right? Wrong! I think there is a lot of power in honesty. I think that applies for blog content as well. If it is always perfectly polished, is that not just another false ideal being sold to you? That someone always looks perfect? I’m not saying that I  will not continue to provide regular fashion content, because I will. It’s my passion and I love it. But I think it’s important to see what I look like just day to day, too. 

I got into snapping quick shots of my outfit most days before heading out. These are a few from the summer. I will start sharing these with you more often on the blog, not only to provide some fashion inspiration, but also to show you I’m really no different from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment